ELLA AT 100: CELEBRATING THE ARTISTRY OF ELLA FITZGERALD
The GRAMMY Museum celebrates the life, music and charitable legacy of 13-time GRAMMY-winning jazz singer, and Recording Academy Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Ella Fitzgerald with Ella At 100: Celebrating the Artistry of Ella Fitzgerald.
The exhibit opens April 25, on what would have been the late jazz icon’s 100th birthday, and celebrates 100 years of Fitzgerald’s lasting legacy through rare recordings, photos, and one-of-a-kind stage costumes.
Items on display in this special exhibit will include:
- FITZGERALD’S GRAMMY AWARDS, INCLUDING THE FIRST SHE EVER WON, WHICH MADE HER THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ARTIST
- WARDROBE PIECES SUCH AS HER WELL-KNOWN DON LOPER BEADED GOWN
- PHOTOGRAPHS AND PERFORMANCE FOOTAGE FROM VARIOUS STAGES OF FITZGERALD’S CAREER
- RARE SHEET MUSIC AND RECORDS
- PERSONAL TELEGRAM CORRESPONDENCES
- AND MUCH MORE
- This exhibit will be a well-deserved tribute to a woman whose legacy has solidified her as the beloved ‘First Lady of Song.’ We look forward to educating visitors of all ages on Ella’s legacy. – Nwaka Onwusa, GRAMMY Museum Curator. For more information go to: http://www.ellafitzgeraldfoundation.org